Finally doing a few more video's

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This first Video titled "big Windy" was taken after one the guys spotted a big white spot and says what's this white spot on the edge of trees. Took a look at it and said "it's has to be a big pig" Turns out it was. We were a good 600 yards away at least. We drove to a point where we thought the pig would continue feeding and be in front of us. Well you know what they say about plans. They are made to be broken. The big boar instead heads towards a herd of cattle. So, to keep from spoking the cows, I head out alone making my way through the cows to get into a safe shooting position. After a couple hundred yards I finally have a lane to shoot. I'm about 70 yards out with cows just yards away from me. I had to stop because they started mooing with my every step. Remember the title "Big Windy", the wind is blowing 20 plus mph. I can't get steady from a standing position off my sticks. So I end up in a sitting supported position. Thought I'd never use that Army training after I retired. I had to quickly take the shot before he got to close to the cows. I dropped the big Boar with a single shot to the neck out of my 6.8 spc II firing 120gr SST. Knowing if he got up I wouldn't be able to take any follow up shots I decided to put another round into him. It wasn't needed as the first shot had hit the neck bone. The big boar measure out at 256lbs.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This video is a bunch of short video's taken from many different nights of hunting. Has coyote's, racoon's, and pigs mixed in. It's much easier to get good pictures than it is to get video. I've had my cable come un-plugged, forgot to plug it in, dead batteries in my MDVR, didn't put a SD card in, etc, etc etc....

The very last pig in the video was shot later the same night as "Big Windy" although the winds had died down some. Two of us doubled tapped it. Measured out at 267lbs.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This first Video titled "big Windy" was taken after one the guys spotted a big white spot and says what's this white spot on the edge of trees. Took a look at it and said "it's has to be a big pig" Turns out it was. We were a good 600 yards away at least. We drove to a point where we thought the pig would continue feeding and be in front of us. Well you know what they say about plans. They are made to be broken. The big boar instead heads towards a herd of cattle. So, to keep from spoking the cows, I head out alone making my way through the cows to get into a safe shooting position. After a couple hundred yards I finally have a lane to shoot. I'm about 70 yards out with cows just yards away from me. I had to stop because they started mooing with my every step. Remember the title "Big Windy", the wind is blowing 20 plus mph. I can't get steady from a standing position off my sticks. So I end up in a sitting supported position. Thought I'd never use that Army training after I retired. I had to quickly take the shot before he got to close to the cows. I dropped the big Boar with a single shot to the neck out of my 6.8 spc II firing 120gr SST. Knowing if he got up I wouldn't be able to take any follow up shots I decided to put another round into him. It wasn't needed as the first shot had hit the neck bone. The big boar measure out at 256lbs.
Big hog...nice shot!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good videos! Couple of real nice ones in the mix.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good killin' !! Love those runnin' shot kills too. Good to see ya back, and back at it.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good killin' !! Love those runnin' shot kills too. Good to see ya back, and back at it.
I'm always at it. Seems the pigs just don't come around on the properties I hunt. I can't figure out why.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good Shootin' !!

Keep After 'Em!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good shooting! Good hogs down!