Double Tap

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
One of my hunting partners and me found these two boars in a pecan bottom. We did our best 3 2 1 shoot impression. Dropped both of them with head shots. Mine of the left weighed in at 170 lbs while his spotted pig weighed in at 190 lbs according to the tape measure estimate.

darrohn801

LSB Member
We don't have hogs in Utah so I'm unfamiliar with them, but do you guys eat them? If you do I'm curious how the meat compares to regular Pork.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting, you need to show DJones how this is done!!

Yes they are great to eat, better to me or as good as store bought pork, all in the prep and handling

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sure we eat them. I myself just take the back straps. Others will take the whole pig. The taste, like other game animals depends on what they've been eating and how you prepare the meat.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good synchronized shots!! And good hogs down!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a good timing countdown...we don't always get those. Good job!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We don't have hogs in Utah so I'm unfamiliar with them, but do you guys eat them? If you do I'm curious how the meat compares to regular Pork.
My wife and I eat quite a bit. I did a big roast on the pit (wood grill) this week using mesquite from our property here. Covered the pork in spices and then brown sugar and bacon.....fantastic. She is always asking me to kill more, loves it!

neorubio

LSB Active Member
We cover the meat in spices (sometimes in wine) for 24 hours at least before eat it, otherwise it´s too "strong" (the taste I mean).

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most excellent! Nice timing on the shots too.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's how it's done! Great work!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done! Nice looking hogs there!

D

djones

you've made me proud hopper. some of my training actually soaked in. but i warned you... don't ever eat an animal that craps where it eats. that's like eating ducks shot off a sewer pond. only cletus does that and he ain't right

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done!