Direct Thread vs. QD

• Direct Thread

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • QD

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

JPM_6.8

LSB Member
Just curious, how many are running direct thread vs. QD. I’ve got a SilencerCo Omega and use the QD so I can swap between guns. I’m getting a second can, so the need to swap will no longer be there.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I run both. A sandman S on my 6.8 and use it on another AR as well. For my direct thread I use it on a bolt gun and an AR I have setup for it.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The more mechanical points of contact you have, the more you're asking for a point of failure. Direct thread gets my vote.

chthump

LSB Member
I have both, like both, not talking about a 3 lug or gemtech type q-attach, but the coarse thread quick spin on type, both work fine

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The Dead Air key Mo adapter is probably one of the best ones out there. I've had mine for 4 plus years and have well over 10,000 rounds through my Sandman S using a pair of 6.8's and a 5.56 in an AR-15 configuration. Do a little research but don't rely on magazine reviews, most times they're just trying to sell advertising. With direct thread you should check to make sure your suppressor hasn't come loose. I check mine after every magazine.

JPM_6.8

LSB Member
Makes sense. The QD ASR with my omega works fine and I haven’t had any issues. Now that I’ve bought a second can to put on my .300 pistol AR, I no longer have the need to swap between weapons. The appeal of shorting the gun (marginally) and saving a little weight is what got me thinking about it.
Thanks for the input/insight!