Digisight N750. 50 yds. Rain/clouds/no moon.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Hopefully this works. I might have to change my privacy settings first...

Nothing special. Had the scope set on its lowest IR setting and it was DARK. No moon and rain. Shot was about 5 yds away. I'm guessing the pig was in the 100 lb range

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It needs flash can't be played on iPhone will have to be a PC

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
5yds? mean 50?, seemed he kept looking up knowing something was there. Good job!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry, yes 50 yards. I don't think he heard me bc the rain was making noise and I had a very comfortable/quiet set up. Do u think maybe he saw the IR illuminator? It was on the lowest setting and it was just the digisight's onboard IR light but he was looking straight on at it. And I would repost the video from my computer, but it crashed last week and I just spent a bunch of money on NV......priorities

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think he kept looking in your direction, so something that did not spook him was there. IR I bet. You were very patient to get the footage!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, although he was looking up towards me, his body language told me that he wasn't nervous, so i stayed patient.
Well on another night a year or 2 ago, I waited like that and the wind shifted or something bc all the sudden u could tell by the pigs body language that he had spotted me and didn't like it. Unfortunately, my brother in law was the trigger man that night and I had told him to wait for the bigger one to come out from cover. After about 10 seconds the bigger ones nose/face started creeping out from cover. Then
the one that was already out in the open, froze up and stared right at us. I tried to whisper at him to shoot now at the one in the open, but the hog ran off after about 2 seconds after freezing up..

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I may do differently after I get my camera and night vision, but have had things change quickly and not get a shot. Gotta get that B roll

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's a game winner. And I think it's called the "low boy". Plus, coons kept breaking the spinner plate so my dad built a chicken wire cage around it that protrudes even lower

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Get some pipe that will go around those legs and raise it. At that height you don't get much of a spread throwing corn. My hogs would tear the motor up in 1 night!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The corn doesn't really throw much at all bc of the chicken wire. It's like a 3 foot circle pile of corn. It's my dad's neighbors property and critters kept reaching up in there and breaking stuff. She asked him to just make it so it wouldn't be broken again.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I buy tall tripods that have a winch on them. The tripod feeder I have is new and sitting in my garage till I get another tripod, with the 3 extension for the legs I have to get on the back of my truck to refil, not gonna do it!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually, I think my dad just bought a tall one recently with a winch and he's all about it. We actually might move and use that one where we're gonna set up a rub, pig pipe, and try to create a mud/waterhole.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
PICT0428.jpg
These are 12' sold at our feed store built there $154 w cable huge winch and all. My welder says he cannot buy materials and weld for that price. I use one for an animal cleaning station now.