Daylight Hogs???

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It took about 5 days to feed these hogs until they came out early enough to get whacked. I timed it just right to be there the day they came out in the daylight. You can skip the first 2 minutes..gopro does not pick up very good detail like hogs in the brush. Maybe the end is the only good part. lol

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya, you got er done yet again. And one heck of a Curly Shuffle!!! He did not want to give it up!!!!:) You got to get up a picture of him. WAY TO GO!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey that was a good job, another trained pig down.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya, you got er done yet again. And one heck of a Curly Shuffle!!! He did not want to give it up!!!!:) You got to get up a picture of him. WAY TO GO!!!
Yea, I thought he was lights out after that close shot to the head, can you believe he launched into the air like that. The last 2 were kind of for fun.lol We have all seen "dead" hogs run off huh?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are tough animals

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! Daytime hogs are the best.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, fine lookin' hog right there.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job Dan. Kinda makes all the work pay off.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It makes me want to know more about their habits. There were 3 hogs there for a week, I caught 2 and shot one. Then a few days later these show up when they were not there before for at least a week. Why did they come now and from where? Maybe it is just by chance or do they have little territories? Maybe just kill them and not worry about it huh? lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have noticed when you remove a boar, another less dominate one fills his spot, they must be on the fringe of territory, know their place and move in when it is clear sailing.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've noticed similarly on game cameras at my dad's place. When I shoot a boar that had dominated a feeder a new one takes over within a week or two. Sometimes bigger. Sometimes smaller.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's interesting, I never considered that before. Good information.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the great hog vacuum

kind of like water seeking its own level

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog ... looks like you got a great hunting spot.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog ... looks like you got a great hunting spot.
It's actually not a good spot at all. Right next to a busy highway, sometimes people honk at me up in my stand. lol I have a sliver of trees about 40 yds wide between an irrigation type ditch and the neighbors fence line, what I shoot needs to drop right there so no bowhunting. It's just that, that is where the hogs come out at night so I have to sit there. It's a horse rescue ranch and they prefer I trap them but the big ones don't trap easily so they need shot of course. They are ok with it because they trust me to do what needs doing. The neighbors place is awesome but I have left notes on their gate but no response.....yet!

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice. Wish we could get some daylight pigs now. I have not seen a pig in the daylight in almost 2 years.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice pig for the daytime! Until I can get some of that newfangled see in the dark spy at night stuff mounted on my M&P10 or another rifle I will be doing the same here.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Necessity is the mother of invention. Invent new ways to kill them when you can't afford Night Vision! lol