Colorado Brian's First Hog

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really enjoy going out with people when they get their first hog. It is really exciting for everyone. Colorado Brian came down from the north part of Colorado because he really wanted a chance at getting some hogs.

We went out for two nights. I was letting him shoot my daughter's 6.5 Grendel on which was mounted one of *******************'s IR Hunter MKII, 2.5x, 35mm scopes. He made a great shot on a moving boar, DDRT.

We hunted for a couple more hours and I suggested we go ahead and butcher the boar. At that point, Colorado Brian decided that it might be better donated to the Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society and we did so.

His wife was NOT impressed, however, when he told her he wasn't coming home with hog meat. So while he was planning on returning home today, she told him that he needed to get another hog and so he will be going out tonight, LOL.

Here is the video...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... Somebody's "dog meat" if they get skunked tonight. That really was a nice shot he put on that hog.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Should've taken at least the back straps. But any reason to hunt again the next day is good enough for me.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang good shot, nice going guys. And the best of luck to you tonight, hope you get into a whole flock of them!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job on a chilly Texas night!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NICE WORK

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice shot from that distance... looks like he did everything right. Waited, refresh scope for clear shot.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man, the picture through that scope looks very clear.

If you like what you see on the video here, then you will be hugely impressed by what is seen through the actual scope. The video really doesn't do justice. For example, the crosshairs and menu options have sharp, not fuzzy outlines. The battery power indicator on the low left is is all sharp lines and very clear.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Apparently, Colorado Brian got skunked and has returned home empty handed except for photos and memories.
Sniff-sniff-sniff... yep, that's dog meat I smell roasting. LOL... sucks to be him this week. Too bad we don't have T.B.P.S. T-shirts.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sniff-sniff-sniff... yep, that's dog meat I smell roasting. LOL... sucks to be him this week. Too bad we don't have T.B.P.S. T-shirts.
almost have that done btw