Cold streak BROKEN

LSB Active Member
6 weeks do the day back on em just a brutal stretch of nothing, but on hunt #15 they showed up again. Big lone boar hog I'm not a photo maven on the one hand these pics look small at one angle, but he was thick took 2 of us to roll him over. 7.62x39 Wolf 125g SP one shot donezo at bout 100 yards. This round has been great for us loaded up on a crazy sale for .19 cents per round and every hog just buckles on the spot with em. Buddy got one 5 minutes later behind shoulder about 150 yards never even moved was watching from behind him in truck. We had really just decided to go out and shoot dillos and possums had zero expectations. Made sure thermal was still money on a possum right between the eyes and 2 minutes later ran up on this ol boy maybe 300 yards away.

IMG_6122.JPG IMG_6123.JPEG IMG_6124.JPEG

Three more smallerish youngins later in the night for 4. Streak over whew. Sorry about the ugly dude next to the beautiful pig. They get beautiful like when they go missing for a month and a half.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the kill.

LSB Active Member
Good job!!

Are you and your scope wearing some sort of safety reflective measures?
Are you talking about the little emblem on my shirt? That's just the logo it's one of my warm weather fishing T-shirts I think it reflects back from the flash? Is that what you were talking about? The little white thing on my scope cover is a white piece of paper left over from when I had that on some day glass it has my holdovers for the subtensions on my reticle

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Are you talking about the little emblem on my shirt? That's just the logo it's one of my warm weather fishing T-shirts I think it reflects back from the flash? Is that what you were talking about? The little white thing on my scope cover is a white piece of paper left over from when I had that on some day glass it has my holdovers for the subtensions on my reticle
Yes. Shirt emblem looks like the emblem on scope.

Just curious

LSB Active Member
the little buggers. wish i hadn't of been so tired these guys cook up nice
IMG_6129.JPG IMG_6130.JPG IMG_6131.JPG

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats. I still haven’t seen any in about 1.5 months over 4-5 hunts. Gonna keep at it though.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on your hogs. That's what happens when you stay after em'!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you broke your streak. I still haven’t killed a hog since July. Getting a lot of pictures on trail cams, but they don’t show up when I get there. At least I have killed a few coyotes.

LSB Active Member
Glad you broke your streak. I still haven’t killed a hog since July. Getting a lot of pictures on trail cams, but they don’t show up when I get there. At least I have killed a few coyotes.
Thank sman.

July of 2017 in Texas? Dang what do you think is going on? Is it lack of hunt time or just crappy luck?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
In my case it’s a small farm that the owner asked me to try and stop the hogs from damaging. I was too successful last year and they make rare appearances now. I just haven’t been there at the same time as the hogs yet.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to get that monkey off your back! Nice job!

LSB Active Member
Ah wellA bit of a victim of your own success….Hope they have made a lot of babies over the winter and start showing up for you

LSB Active Member
Way to get that monkey off your back! Nice job!
Ha thanks that monkey was starting to feel like a piano! We have a big front moving in supposed to rain a ton Saturday through Tuesday liking that a lot