Called Wounded Coyote

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Still trying for that darned sounder at TBR with no luck, but early in the evening saw a target and the far end of the field. It took a while but I finally coaxed it away from the tender morsels of rotting carcasses in the bone yard and out into the open where I could identify it properly.

Turned out to be an injured coyote with some mobility issues. Those issues have been resolved.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good getting that one down...did you note the cause or extent of the previous injury? yes I am reading the credits and see Angry Bird's phobia, glad he is in treatment now!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, I wiggled the front legs around to see if anything was obvious and checked the feet. I did not see or feel any pre-existing problem, but it was a quick exam and I was trying to avoid the blood. So not apparently previous projectile wounds or apparent breaks.

AB appreciates your concern. He is bothered by the fact that there is no actual term for irrational fear of coyotes, which he does not consider irrational.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sympathize w AB and want him to know I am on his side, maybe allowing him to carry a sidearm would help?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice chootin' B. Not a bad lookin' 'yote. Wonder if he'd just picked up a thorn? Or? M'be A.B. is displaying a little passive/aggressive behavior? Gettin' his licks in off-camera?

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, I wiggled the front legs around to see if anything was obvious and checked the feet. I did not see or feel any pre-existing problem, but it was a quick exam and I was trying to avoid the blood. So not apparently previous projectile wounds or apparent breaks.

AB appreciates your concern. He is bothered by the fact that there is no actual term for irrational fear of coyotes, which he does not consider irrational.
You mean they don't recognize "canis phobius".
I also agree with others maybe AB own side arm and some off camera time with the deceased would calm him down a little.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good shot ... no more suffering for the coyote.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice, good shot