Caldwell Brass catcher Mod

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Remove the wire and use zip tie to secure it to the PETG frame.
Just built it so no time using it yet. Used a soldering iron to melt away plastic that was hitting lower receiver extrusions.

I will link thingiverse build files if anyone wants to print some.

Brass Catcher Picatinny by Hard_ware

4nVSawh.jpg

mM1bCbB.jpg

l38tH3O.jpg

Last edited:

Hard_ware

Thanks, I saw your setup and was like man that will work and it's simple, but I had already made this one.
The velcro one was noisy and hard to remove to clear a jam if needed.
So I wanted a unit that would swing out of the way, but was cheap $$$.
I had white PETG filament loaded so it's white. When I get some black loaded I will print another one.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
So these are made on a 3D printer? I'm nearly 65 and am no techie but have looked into the 3D printers and they look simple enough for even this old cowboy to use.

Hard_ware

Main thing is getting the settings dialed in for a specific filament for a specific printer. Good thing is its as simple as copying a file from someone that has dialed in the settings for the same model printer you buy. I have had mine less then a year and its neat to make a part from a downloaded file and be able to change it to fit what you want. Also 3dhubs.com has an online print service you upload the file of the part and select the material to print it with, then it will give you all the individuals that will print it and the price they charge. The above part can be printed from around $10-20.00 you can select the closest place to you or the lowest price, many individuals to choose from all over the world. TinkerCAD website will let you register and then upload files to modify them or make your own stuff and download the files. Then get them printed from a person on 3dhubs, no printer necessary to get started. Making parts using TinkerCad online is simply taking shapes and adding to them or subtracting from them no need to learn CAD. ThingIverse.com is a place full of designs people make and share, you can find picatinny mount battery holders to crock pot handles, just download them and send them to a printing service on 3dhubs and you will have the part in a few days.

Last edited: