Bosque Boar and Coyote

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, the name for a female coyote would have made the title sound better, but maybe not so appropriate. ;)

I was set up to watch two fields and the hogs came from the direction I didn't expect, but there they were, in the plowed field. It was plenty dark and I stalked by the tree line between the fields toward the hogs and either they heard or saw me, the cross wind preventing them from smelling me, but either way, they knew I was approaching. I figured that put the kibosh on advancing farther.

First shot to the face and apparently went down into the neck without doing any CNS damage and the hog took off. I hit him twice more before he got into the woods, shot another hog that I lost, and picked up the wounded hog as he moved through the woods. This is where thermal really shines over night vision. That hog would have been totally invisible to night vision, being a moonless night, inside the treeline 10 yards or so. He was a tough customer.

Later a coyote came meandering by and I put an end to the meandering.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You need to do a hogcropsy and see if those hogs were born with bullet proof armor. Nice bounty my brother!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey! The 'Yote Fairy left you a quarter! Nice! One, TOUGH boar there too. After that first shot... rough on him to turn his head and cough.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Okay hog, take THAT, and THAT, and THAT, and …
He was a slow learner, but he finally seemed to get the message.

Yeah, if I had a quarter for every 'yote I've shot — I've have a quarter.

Nice going, Keep After 'Em!