Bore size Requirement

BOB CRAVEN

I have a RRA 6.5 creedmoor and plan to put a 6.8 SPC upper on my AR15. Can I use a 30 cal suppressor interchangble for both? ie are suppressors caliber specific?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, you can use a suppressor that is larger than what you are shooting. You probably don't want to use a centerfire suppressor for shooting rimfire as most centerfire suppressors don't allow for the cleaning that can be necessary when firing rimfire.

I have used my .30 cal suppressor on 6.5, 6.8, and .308.

Mike B

Vendor
Sure, shouldn't be an issue. Only thing is, you want to make sure the suppressor you're looking at is capable of being mounted on the different thread patterns you have.

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know this post is a little old. But the GRIFFIN ALPHA or Paladin as it's called now is fantastic. I have one. It is a quick detach. The cool thing about it. You can take it apart to clean it. Plus change the end cap out. It comes with a 30 cal. End cap but you can also put a .22 cal end cap on it. To use on 5.56. You do not need to though. It works great on everything from .22 cal up to 300 win mag. Being able to take apart to clean it allows you to use it on a .22 cal.

I use it on my LWRC SIX 8 6.8spc, 308 BLACK RAIN ORD. and I've also shot it on my 5.56 SBRs. I've even though about buying another 308 end cap drilling it out a little larger and using it on a 9mm carbine also with a GRIFFIN TAPERED MOUNT Which btw I really really love the tapered mounts

Last edited: