Boar gets away...

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_5577.JPG IMG_5580.PNG Boar gets away from the video but not the bullet...
Went to property near Winnie to hunt hogs and coyotes for a landowner. Upon arrival I was informed he had some other hunters out there before dark/ at dusk that got a 4 wheeler stuck and were driving around the area I was going to hunt even though he told them not to. They also shot at a group of hogs at dusk but missed. That may have something to do with why I didn't see anything till midnight when I shot 1 of 2 coyotes that emerged from a tree line about 100 yds away. He dropped, flipped, and flopped for about 5-10 seconds and then got up and ran under the fence into the ditch/ trees. Solid blood trail but no recovered yote.
Then, about 1:00 I spotted a hog about 600-800 yards away. Drove to about 3-400 yds away and walked across a pasture trying to get in a good position but the wind wasn't really in my favor. I thought I was gonna lose him for good but managed to find him again after the recorder automatically stopped recording after 5 minutes of recording. 2 levies border the edge of the pasture and there's a narrow tree line on each side with a ditch in the middle. He had gone down in the ditch and onto the other side. While making my way back across the pasture to a point where the levies connect so I could cross over I intercepted him and took the shot. He did a solid 480 degree Curley shuffle before he stopped kicking and I turned the recorder back on. Landowner was appreciative!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on securing the landowner's good graces. Nice hog.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down! Doing good and gaining the landowners trust!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job Blakester. I hope to get on some land in that area after my recovery.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Muchas gracias!