Basic pvs-14 helmet & weapons mount's how to use.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I get a lot of questions and pm's about how I hunt with night vision so this is part one of a series on how to use a pvs-14 for hunting.

A how to video covering the basic pvs-14 night vision monocular mounting systems for helmets and weapons. This is part one in a series of how to hunt feral hogs / coyotes using a pvs-14. This series is directed at hunters who are new to night vision and accessories.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done!

Thanks just trying to brainstorm and come up with things that will be informative. May be to basic I don't know.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it was things that need to be known by someone before they buy or are not helmet mounted now.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like it bro.

Maybe in the next vid you could touch on NVG helmet weights and why they are a bad idea. Also why choosing a helmet with the proper straps eliminates the need for weights.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice video. Good to see the different ways to mount it so you know hat is easiest before you get out in the field with it

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like it bro.

Maybe in the next vid you could touch on NVG helmet weights and why they are a bad idea. Also why choosing a helmet with the proper straps eliminates the need for weights.

I have not used weights on mine but AFalex and HD seem to love theirs. My helmet fits so well I don't even use the straps until shooting time.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Perhaps insight on how to fit, choose the helmet, or adjust the fit of the one you have?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Perhaps insight on how to fit, choose the helmet, or adjust the fit of the one you have?
I have three helmets. A tony hawk skateboard helmet, a Chinese ops core knock off, and a real ops core (thanks to shooter!). I can do something with them all side by side.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't like weights because it adds weight to the entire unit their for adding additional neck strain. Not a big deal if you don't wear your helmet all night but with extended use it could cause neck problems down the road.

Plus if you just choose a helmet with the proper straps there is no need for weights. That's my view on weights.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video TLM! Keep them coming!!!

I like the counter weights. They do add total weight to your melon but it balances the rig out. I also think the balanced weight decreases fatigue.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
I carry a pouch on the back of the helmet with a flashlight and 18650 batts, I can't see carrying useless weight. The white tac light gets switch out with the right side helmet mounted eagletac IR light when its time for cutting up the critters. I don't use the straps as the helmet fits very well, its a skate type helmet.