Bad apple

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
I humped my way back to a corner of a property where hogs are. I got to the spot, and saw a few walking in some tall grass. I tried to sneak up on them but lost them. Crept around but no luck. I left and took a different angle through the woods. After a few minutes I stopped, took my gear off, sat on a log, and chomped on an apple. I was facing the way a I came and saw 5 fat pigs headed right at me. I set the apple down, put my headphones on and picked the gun up, still sitting on the log. They got so damn close and only stopped when the lead pig saw me. I only had a direct head shot with the pig looking right at me, pulled the trigger, safety still on, took the safety off, pulled and f ing missed. They were so fat they could barely run away, but they did. I finished the apple off, looked around for a blood trail or fallen pig, nothing , but I could hear a woodpecker laughing at me...................

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Still, your ability to find hogs during daylight hours continues to amaze me!

Keep After 'Em!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bad luck! Sounds like one of my hunts! But, I agree with der Teufel, your daytime skills are great! Wish I could find them in the day like that.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Death turns the table and becomes the subject of fair chase. Death's hoping for a cougar, but only attracts hogs (we HATE when that happens). Death figures nailing a hog is better than nothing, but, ends up hanging his head. Death seeks commiseration amongst friends, and finds it. W.W.P. is NO friend.

maxresdefault.jpg