Axis buck meat in the freezer

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_7098.JPG IMG_7093.JPG IMG_7091.JPG Ive still been pretty busy at work but managed to get the weekend off and get out to my dads place in Camp Wood. There was a guy who had 20 acres near my dad and he trapped and sold wildlife. We haven't had axis or black buck antelope on the property in years. Fortunately he sold his property and moved about 6 months ago. We now have white tail, turkey, black buck, axis, hogs, fox, bobcat, and coyotes. Had a game cam pic with white tail, axis, turkeys, and hogs in the same feeder/pic.
Anyways I was lucky enough for this buck to come out for me while I was there. I've seen bigger out there, but hes a good buck IMO.
At the time he walked out, there were two veeerrry skiddish white tail at the feeder that knew I was in the blind, and turkeys walking past me to go to the blind that were also pretty weary. I had to be as still as possible for about 20 minutes straight. He slowly came out from the tree line and crossed the pasture to the feeder. But was pretty much facing time the whole time while I sat there frozen, heart pounding trying to calm my breathing. As soon as he put his head down to eat corn and turned a little sideways I took my shot. Definitely had buck fever and was shaky! Lol. He was quartering towards me. Shot entered back of shoulder and bullet lodged in under side of hide behind opposite shoulder so bullet a little farther back than I was trying to aim. He jumped and ran about 50-60 yards and crashed in some trees. I'm getting a European mount of his skull and antlers.
12.5" 6.8 with 120 factory SST.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done Blake! A FINE buck. Great reward for your hard work. Glad to hear you were able to break away.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome, they are such a cool looking animal. Good job keeping your composure long enough to get the shot!

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds like a great hunt. It doesn't get much better than Axis!!

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Beautiful buck, congratulations and thanks for all your hard work in the Houston area!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet! Congrats

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks y'all! Meat should be ready this weekend. Backstraps cut into 6-8 inch strips, hamburger, and breakfast pan sausage. Ohh BOOIYY!!. Euro mount won't be ready for a few months.