Autumn Texas Hog Hunt

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

One of my favorite hunts to date. Shawn and I spotted hogs through thermal about 200 yards out. In early part of video you can see there are cattle in field. We had to stalk carefully not to spook cows or hogs. We also agreed I would stay to the left pick biggest hog and he would do the same on the right.

When we were within 60 yards we noticed the boar was tending the sow. He even mounted her 2x. But just couldn't take care of business and kept following her around. After what seemed like an eternity. The sow finally settled. But the boar constantly was moving between trying to mount her and feed. Shawn had the more difficult moving shot. So I gave him the clear to start the count down when he was ready.

Our shots rang out almost simultaneously. My sow was DRT. His hog ran off about 50-60 yards. Thermal made for quick recovery. We knew hogs were big when viewing them through NV sources. But we didn't realize the size until we crawled up on the boar. It was good way Autumn Texas Hog Hunt.

(Funny part was neither one of us looked at the weather until we got out there. Temperatures dropped down to 50 degrees. We were shivering to death until the hogs showed up!)

image_zpscb28a7ba.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A little hog spooning there. Good kills, congrats.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice job guys!