August Corn Field Hogs

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am happy to report that my rifle did not malfunction. I'm sad to say that my scope cover did, but it was not a terrible loss. The scope cover fell down from the recoil of the gunshot twice while shooting into a group of hogs but I was determined to not be slowed down by this.

Also, I used a more basic Sandisk card this time to see if my video card had anything to do with the quality of my videos. It looks the same to me. I've been using a 2 year old 16 gb Sandisk Ultra II with 15 m/sec transfer rate. The one from tonight was a just a plane-jane sandisk 8 gb card.

image_zpsxaishcrv.jpg

image_zpsgqmu9p1q.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good pig-slaying going on right there. Congrats.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting! You got a screamer there.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting and good hogs down!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting, can't believe those deer came to that screaming pig with all that shooting going on.

I for one thought that the video quality was much better. Maybe it had something to do with the weather conditions as well. I know that Ga and Al had some lower humidity the last few days. We are still steaming here in central Fl.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job whackin and stackin the hogs !
Did you use your 270AR or 308 ?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job whackin and stackin the hogs !
Did you use your 270AR or 308 ?

308. I switched over to it for the higher magazine capacity. I don't mind carrying the extra weight.

Yes, two nights ago overnight low went to mid 50's. It was very nice!!

Last edited:

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We wont see mid 50's for 2 more month's unless I fly north. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
November before San Antonio starts getting 50's I think.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well it's back to dreadful humidity here just like what you expect in the deep South. And as a result I stalked a few hogs that turned into deer last night.

Can still see them from a mile away but I had to get within 5-600 yards to really know for sure in a couple cases last night.

Also last week during the cool snap there was a mist that was at about eye level that rolled through and that actually kept me from being able to see deer that I was looking at from about 400 yards away. Regret not thinking to video that at the time for comparison. That mist ( or fog bank) was one of those events where it's like a strata that's a very narrow height and hovers right above the surface of the ground. It pretty much shut me down for anything beyond a couple hundred yards.

I don't know if it's actually humidity or dewpoint or both but high values in either of those seem to wreak havoc with the clarity of the viewfinder and the video.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya!! Squeal like a pig!!! Good shootin fo sure. That boar picture up there is a good picture, he looks lean and mean. Good lookin hog. And a GOOD ON YA!!! BANG BANG!!