armasight zeus battery life

sage80x

just took my zeus 336 50 30hz out first time. extended pack lasted hour from full charge to dead. right when 5 yotes came in put cr123 batteries in and lasted maybe 10 min. needless to say hunt was a waste, it was 35 degrees out is this normal or something wrong? first thermal

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sumtin ain’t right? Bad batteries? I am sure someone will chime in? :( BANG BANG!!

sage80x

I'm hoping bad batteries I put my battery pack on tonight after it warmed up shows full charge. left the pack outside for hour and put on zeus died in ten minutes 32f outside . the cr123 from last night showed 3/4 charge left scope on inside died in 20 min

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
I agree something isn't right. I have the Apollo with the extended battery pack and down in the high 20's and low 30's I'm still getting on average 4 hours. I always charge them up just prior to leaving the house and hook them up on the first stand and don't turn it off until I'm back home. My guess is a possibility of bad batteries or charger or the unit is not swapping over to the extended battery pack and running solely off the cr123 internally. Mine did the last one and had to be sent back for repairs. Do the 16850's seem to be low when you recharge them? If not it's probably a software issue with the scope

sage80x

tonight I left it Inside battery pack only, full charge came back in hour dead. put two fresh 123 in it now see what it does. purchased two new 18650 also to try

chthump

LSB Member
I bought some 123's in bulk once on the web, almost half price, all i remember is that they were red in color, didn't last less very long, i use energizer now, i get a couple hours out them, 336-3x 30hz

Rookie

LSB Member
I bought some 123's in bulk once on the web, almost half price, all i remember is that they were red in color, didn't last less very long, i use energizer now, i get a couple hours out them, 336-3x 30hz
Sounds like Surefire batteries. I tried them, and they were junk.

lilMAC

I use Panasonic CR123As and my Zeus 50mm 30Hz eats through a pair in about 3 hrs.

I want the extended battery pack, but that’s a lot of jingle.

sage80x

picked up new batteries for extended pack and new charger. seemed to do the trick. hunted from 7pm to day break all on battery pack temps in 20s estimate 8 hrs run time still showed full charge.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent report. Zeus is 100%, original 18650's were junk. Sounds like you are dialed in on your battery pack with new 18650's.
What brand 18650's are you running now - Panasonic?

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where can I get a new / another double CR123 battery cartridge for the Zeus? had my backup break in my pocket last weekend......

Edit/ Update-
1-603-324-7600 X4 gets you to Outdoor Thermal (Or Tactical) Department at FLIR. Steve called me back and is putting one in the mail to me on the house.

Last edited: