Apex XQ38 turn off display question

Randy

Iowa
Question- how often do you “turn the display off ?”

Background- As a new thermal owner I have a question on whether to run scope with sight always on or turn display off. And how often should the “turn display off” be used? Every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, etc.?

Problem - The reason I ask is when I turn the display off function every 5 minutes or so, after about 5 Times of doing that, the unit shuts down and I can not restart it.

I have a EPS3I, which exceeds the couple of hours I use thermal at night so running out of battery life is not the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards, Randy

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes that is a feature of the Apex line I've never liked or understood. With the display on, the scope will stay on till battery goes dead. Turn display off and it times out. Mine I have always been able to turn right back on though. Since you have the eps3, just leave the display on and the scope will run all night. I've run my xd50a on black hot for 12hrs many times and not drained the eps3 yet.

Randy

Iowa
Thank you for responding. I feel allot better after getting guidance from more experienced owners. There is so much more I don’t know, than what I know. It is fun getting the practice behind the scope!

Best regards and thanks again, Randy