AGM Thermals

steve13

I tried a TS25 Rattler, decent for the money but the start up time is TERRIBLE, 30-32 seconds to go from off to seeing the reticle.

My other thermals are ready to shoot in 5-7 seconds

Company would not honor their 30 day money back guarantee, so I sold it at a loss.

Free advice, DO NOT buy an AGM thermal until you test it!!!

cajun bob

LSB Member
Wow. I thought cat juggling in South America was the worse thing I've ever read about. My life will never be the same. All those 30 seconds wasted. The horror.

DeadPigs

LSB Member
I have a Thor-4 and so far it's holding up well. The accuracy and clarity of the images and videos is pretty amazing. It stays dialed in well enough that I forget how to dial it in between tests. The battery life is about 3x how long my butt can tolerate the stand.
However, mine has two problems, both of which are really just knowing your gear. It does take time to boot up, roughly 15 seconds from off to clear image and reticle. Occasionally it will lock up and you have to do a reset. This process takes about 45 seconds. I have found that the locking is mostly a product of sitting still in the blind. So, I've gotten into the habit of checking it about every 10-15 minutes. It has never locked up on me when actively tracking or shooting.
Yes, it could be better but all in all, I'm having a ton of fun with it and killing lots of pigs.

Isn't that what it's all about.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
AGM was founded by guys from ATN they have the same terrible attitude towards service and most of their units are using Chinese cores our #1 enemy. Any Chinese thermal bought directly benefits the Chinese military financially, and these companies provides them with innovation and ideas. Nothing but traitors in my opinion. Pulsar is the only low to mid range thermal that is not Chinese. Iray USA, Bering optics, ATN, AGM are all using Chinese cores avoid at all cost.