A “little” action last night

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
D8C27595-442D-4163-B20B-A0D6F8E5B313.jpeg I took a late afternoon nap yesterday so I would be able to stay out as late as I could stand it. Alarm clock wakes me up right at sundown only to discover there is a sizable thunderstorm that appears to be heading my way.

I debated back-and-forth on what to do and decided to go drive to my location which is east of the direction the storm is moving in see how bad it’s going to be.

Luckily it dissipated before it moved on to my hunting location and I had very little rain to deal with.

Spotted an unlucky coyote right off the bat and let him have it. Twice.

Nothing else by deer and skunks showed up on this property and the wind shifted so I had to come around from the south to be able to drive into the wind, but there was a cotton picker blocking my normal access to the south end of the property, so rather than go back around I just decided to move on to a different property.

I spot a large boar in a soybean field and dropped him with one shot. Looking around I noticed another group of hogs and deer way at the other end of the field nearly a mile away.

Decided to go back to my truck for another magazine and to drive to close the distance somewhat.

I’m glad I got the other magazine. I needed it.

How do you like my hunting shirt Brian? That’s probably why those ones on the right started walking off on me?

Hahaha

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Good stuff Wf. Kudos. Refresh my memory, what were you shooting?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hogs down!
Good job.

Chad hatton

View attachment 6856 I took a late afternoon nap yesterday so I would be able to stay out as late as I could stand it. Alarm clock wakes me up right at sundown only to discover there is a sizable thunderstorm that appears to be heading my way.

I debated back-and-forth on what to do and decided to go drive to my location which is east of the direction the storm is moving in see how bad it’s going to be.

Luckily it dissipated before it moved on to my hunting location and I had very little rain to deal with.

Spotted an unlucky coyote right off the bat and let him have it. Twice.

Nothing else by deer and skunks showed up on this property and the wind shifted so I had to come around from the south to be able to drive into the wind, but there was a cotton picker blocking my normal access to the south end of the property, so rather than go back around I just decided to move on to a different property.

I spot a large boar in a soybean field and dropped him with one shot. Looking around I noticed another group of hogs and deer way at the other end of the field nearly a mile away.

Decided to go back to my truck for another magazine and to drive to close the distance somewhat.

I’m glad I got the other magazine. I needed it.

How do you like my hunting shirt Brian? That’s probably why those ones on the right started walking off on me?

Hahaha

What
Baby hogs.....

Just kidding. 308 AR 43 times. Hahaha

What thermal are you using?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
P-p-p-p-p-p-p-piglet's "Pink Mist". Good killin' there.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work! Those little guys ain't easy to hit!