9 Hogs Down on Brand New Property...

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
...totaling 1355 lbs, all before midnight. Started off with a daylight hog (rare for me) that we stalked as close to as we thought was appropriate given the lighting conditions. On the way back to the truck, spotted a sounder among the cattle in a side pasture and spent a good 20 minutes waiting for the hogs to separate themselves from the cattle. The long shot of the night, 245 yards, on a 50 lb little boar was made here. Finishing up with that group and returning to the previous pasture, my partner spotted another sounder in the area where we shot the first boar. Here we took the largest hog of the night, a 250 lb sow.

We could have shot a lot more, but not without endangering the cattle, so we were very limited in what we could do, but tried to make the best of it...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice chootin' fellers! Good trigger discipline as well. Gonna be one happy landowner after that night's efforts. Cookies for the kiddos.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do. Mostly because that tends to be about the most common distance I shoot.

With that said, cleaned my bore thoroughly, refouled with several shots and checked zero and was about a half inch high at 100.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another impressive total for the night. That was some good shooting! Congratulations on getting rid of the pregnant ones. That’s a good lick!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When you have hogs put there we have found out the if you use the caller they come running to you instead of y’all running/walking to them. As much as you go you should try that more often?? Just a thought. Hope all is well up there. As usual,,, Good On Ya!! CSMF!! Oh ya and BANG BANG!!!! :)

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Pretty successful outing!
Keep knockin' 'em down!

Some good, disciplined shooting.