8 Hogs in 30 Minutes

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Isn't it nice when the hogs cooperate? Went out with my new AR in 7.62 x 39 and had plenty of opportunities to test it out. It's a 12.5" barrel and I'm shooting Tula hollow points. I think I'm going to give the soft points a try I'm not too happy with these so far. Lots of hit and runs. The soft points have worked great in my 308 in the past.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like some pretty good skin-leakage going on there, and some DRT action too. Nothing to apologize about with that pile of bacon. Good killin'.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was awesome! I wish mine would cooperate like that.

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha, Great patience to wait for them come back. Had it happen once but it was only two hogs and was dumb luck on my part. Killed one and went back to get the wheeler. On my way to check my kill I saw the other one had returned to check on his buddy. Same fate.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What in the world were you using for bait? Never seen them refuse to leave an area like that!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That’s amazing! Just didn’t want to leave. Good shooting!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol they must get little to no hunting pressure to keep coming back out! Good hogs down!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Check out the Tulammo 8M3 ammo. A lot of cheap 7.62x39 hollow points act like fmj. Todd has a video on this ammo.
The 123 SSTSin 7.62x39 perform great as expected. They’re about $.60 per round.