7 hogs down.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is another group from last weekend with the Six8 Razorback. By this time I had figured out the bullets were hitting 3" left and 3" high of center at 50 yards. Thats why my lead looks a little funny I had not had time to dial it in and was just calculating were they would hit. as always hope you enjoy.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very good, w both sows gone the rest should be easy pickings next time you see them. Congrats!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very good, w both sows gone the rest should be easy pickings next time you see them. Congrats!

Most of them took hits there were at lest three more that got hit with the blackout and limped off. He was so pissed that even the piglets where running off he left for the night. I got a txt from him saying his 6.8 barrel and bolt had come in the mail today lol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love it...he needs to go on the 300 forum and tell his story, heck the 6.8 crowd will love it too.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No reason to start all that mess up again. If people like it and kill what they are shooting at with it let them have their fun. But he was shooting premium ammo Barnes black tips and scoring hits I could hear his thuds they just were not going down. The 6.8 clearly has an advantage.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hee hee hee...

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Education and entertainment. A great combination.

Well done

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh yeah, we need a caliber war...I love to watch them but I like your videos better!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Nice to see them in a cut field. Makes for some good shooting.

Do you take your scope off and put back in for each hunt? I leave mine on, although it is close when removing and putting back on, it is not exact. I've got multiple QR mounts, and read numerous reviews online, it is impossible to get exact zero when removing and putting back on.

What was the other person shooting? Was that the guy with the 300 BO?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was taking it off for pictures of the rifle with different scope setups on it. I normally just leave the scope on.

The other guy was shooting the blackout not one thing he hit dropped. He wounded a few that I finished off later.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea figured. I think I remember you saying he was using the 110gr Barnes Blackout bullets, good bullets, just not devastating like SST's.

Hornady makes a .308 125gr SST, wonder how that would work with the slower speeds of the BO.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wanted him to try them but he is done with the blackout. Now some of his hits were body shots but these were small pigs. A body shot on them with a SST turns the pig into jelly.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nosler's 125gr hunting ballistic tip is another option that the 300 Bo shooters might look at. I like them in my .308 and even at less than blistering speeds, they have the same effect that the SST has. I killed a nice buck with a poor gut shot that dropped him in his tracks. Completely jellied the insides. With the slower speeds of the BO, it might still open nicely without disintegrating.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job TLM. Nice video too.