500th Hog Recovered

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is the 500th hog recovered off my farm. Also, first hog I've shot using Cavity Back 120 grain MKZ. Went out stalk hunt about 9:00 last night check 4 different fields, got busted at one and on way back to lodge spotted a bunch of hogs in a wheat field. Wheat is tall so I had to stalk about 150 yards and shot this one high in shoulder and shot again on run. 2nd shot broke both back legs. I guess there were about 8 or 9 hogs in field but could not get a shot because of tall wheat. Based on take he is close to 270 pounds.
IMG_2899.JPG IMG_2902.JPG IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2904.JPG
Would post video but since latest firmware update to get sound I'm getting a Microsoft error?

LSB Active Member
Nice! I'm heading up to AL week after next for some hog hunting on my buddies family property. Our lease is officially devoid of animals it's a dead zone. Freakin loggers!

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the monumental kill! Submit that tape pic to the sus venator thread.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
500 hogs off of one property....that is a big load of pigs my friend!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well that's simply impressive!

Keep After 'Em!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to whack and stack brother!

Jethro

Congrats on the landmark event! My father called coyotes a lot and logged every one he killed in a logbook. In 20 years of calling he called and killed 506. That is a lot of critters, any way you slice it. Plus your #500 was a nice one too!

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks Jethro! I seem to never tire of shooting wild hogs. I don't know what it is but the more I hunt them the more I want to hunt them. Really like night hunting with thermal better than almost any other type of hunting.