5 More Last Night

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Greetings,
My Nephew finally got a hall pass for the night and we took advantage.
I've been keeping the feeders and feral crack pipe full and watching the game cameras.
We got into the stand about an hour before dark and got everything set up well in advance this time.
The feeder went off at 9PM and nothing.....

A few minutes later, a group of small "roasting size" piglets came in and immediately hit the crack pipe.
A few seconds later, the two sows came strolling in.
I've been watching this sounder for a while and know the piglets come in followed by the sows, then after all is clear, a nice medium sized boar usually follows them in.

They followed the script exactly and the whole sounder came to party.

We are shooting a pair of 16" *** 6.8s.
One has a Pulsar N750 on top and I was using that to shoot video using an Angel Eye DVR - turn your speakers up, there is sound - if you listen closely near the end, you will hear two grown men giggling like school girls...
The other rifle has a Photon 5X mounted on it with a Streamlight SuperTAC IR Illuminator.
In all the excitement, I forgot to turn on the illuminator on the N750 so if sections go dim, it's all my fault!!!

Nephew put a double lung on the boar and he ran a short distance and crashed into the brush to the right of the sow.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how did you mount the DVR and what was the distance !

Nice !!!!!!!

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We are hunting from a 4x8 elevated box blind with a carpeted shelf under the window.
I just have the Angel Eye DVR and microphone assembly sitting on the shelf with the microphone hanging outside the blind and a 23" harness running to the DigiSight.
The Angel Eye includes a cute little remote so I setup the DVR and wiring and just use the remote to start/stop the DVR.
I do have a smartphone case that I can mount to the rifle that holds everything in a nice neat package.
I mount the case inside the frame of ACE Skeleton stock and it doesn't interfere and easily starts/stops with the remote.

The distance to the feeder pole is approximately 79 yards and these were between 70 and 85 yards.
Pretty much a chipshot for the N750 or Photon 5X.
With the Streamlight SuperTAC IR or a UNV 20IR, the range of both sights increases quite a bit.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, got some pork on the ground!!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thx

wpnderin g about the distance mainly for the DVR use. Pretty good pics for that distance.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thanks for putting up the video

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That looked like a shooting gallery. Looks like a lot of fun.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
that looked like fun, that illuminator was a wee bit on the bright side for that range

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man Vern y'all are really laying them down! Wish you had shot the last hog that came in top right first it seemed to be the smartest of that bunch.

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No worries TLM, there were two of us shooting and on the first shot, Nephew got a pretty good double lung shot on him.
He rolled up in some small brush just to the right of the sow I dropped.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! I read that but did not see him hit on the video. Could just tell he was smarter than the rest and would be hard to get. Great job!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pig pile !! Or, izzat pile o'pig? Congrats.