5/09 4 Hogs & 1 Yote down

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I made a run to the ranch on 5/09, and nailed a few hogs - and one yote.
Parked the truck, got my gear on and organized - then powered up the Pulsar monocular..
The cattle were bedded just across the fence from my truck, and got to watch a single boar working his way through the cows & calves. Seems like the boar might have been confused maybe...I watched him moving around within the bedded cows for a good 30 minutes. Finally he started grazing west away from the cows -
let him get about 150 yards away from the cows - and lined up a shot on the first hog in the vid.
Bullet behind the ear for this boar..
-
Headed south to check two more fields that the hogs have been tearing up, and several killed here weeks past - however no pigs there tonight - deer only.
Hunted south to the wheat field, and found a yote mousing in the middle of the cut wheat... drilled this male DRT. Heavy but mangy, dog yote.
-
The star of the show was a sow and remainder of a sounder I have been reducing in size for a while now.
Good opportunity tonight, but must have been a problem with the trigger puller - been watching too many vids from DJ I guess.

Dennis

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good work! Looks like a successful outing.
Keep after 'em!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As Martha Stewart might say: "It's a VERY good thing." Dennis? Did that nut behind the trigger get loose again?

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As Martha Stewart might say: "It's a VERY good thing." Dennis? Did that nut behind the trigger get loose again?

RD, I believe you are correct on the loose nut. I need to work on my trigger speed/accuracy... I should have connected on two more hogs - and missed.
They are without their alpha leader now, and I will get on'em again!

D

djones

"warning - graphic images to follow". don't worry, we're used to it. man those little guys sure could move!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No one connects on every shot, and those smaller targets were ping ponging around quite a bit! Well done sir!