300 suppressor

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What do you recommend for a 300BLK and 6.8 cal 16" barrel AR-15's suppressor wise? I thinking about ordering a new 30cal suppressor mine is old school and seen thousands and thousands of rounds.

There's to many choices now-a-days

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Griffin Armament Alpha or Sig Srd762.

Alpha is a good one! I would try to buy before 41F but many places are sold out or low on inventory. The next best choice would be Griffin Armament Recce 7, it cost less than the Alpha but isn't user service able. Capitol Armory has them in stock and whatever you decide, buy soon!

chthump

LSB Member
Shot a Duke suppressor last week, 300 cal, made the 300 blackout sound like a pellet gun, serviceable, manufacture is selling direct until the 41f, $420, direct thread on

Duke-Suppressors

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
The Silencer Co Omega got my vote. Light, quiet, good mount.

But minimum barrel length for Omega on the 6.8 is 16". If you think you will go SBR, then I would suggest the YHM Ultra Light Tactical.

I have the Omega and the ULT, so have first hand knowledge.

There are other options, but I don't have first hand experience with them. Weight is really, really important, imo! The length of a 16" carbine plus ~7" suppressor will have you thinking SBR as well.

My thoughts,

JPK

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Omega and Sig 762 Ti both look really good to me. I doubt I beat 41F but it's not like I'm going to stop buying suppressors anyway after July 13th just have new rules to go buy.

Like most folks I placed several suppressor orders months ago well ahead of 41F just ran out of toy money at the time for a new 30 cal suppressor.

Bought to many toys this year guns,ammo,suppressors and several thermal systems.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Silencer Co Omega got my vote. Light, quiet, good mount.

But minimum barrel length for Omega on the 6.8 is 16". If you think you will go SBR, then I would suggest the YHM Ultra Light Tactical.

That is what is puzzling to me, they state 16" on a 308, 10" of a 5.56, and 8" on a 300 WTF. You ask them about the 6.8, which is considered between 5.56 and 308, and the 6.8 is bunched in with the 308. I have sent them multiple emails that with logic behind their progression barrel listing the 6.8 should be rated down to 12.5" not 16", and they meet me with no reply every time.

The least you can do is reply to your customers inquiry, now I can start to see why Si Shop dropped them like a bad habit, SiCo is surly leaving a bad taste in my mouth and makes me wonder what will happen if I need warranty work. I still love their cans, but there customer service is not looking too great, especially when all the others are johnny on the spot. I am starting to think they got too big for their britches and figure they think they own the market and can do what every they want and how they want. We have seen this before with many other manufactures that are either gone now or in the hole.

Rant Over

O here are the spec on barrel length
https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silencerco/support/barrel+restrictions.pdf

JPK

LSB Active Member
Silencer Co has always responded to my emails quickly. On the 6.8 and 16" minimum, they have responded that the capacity of the 6.8 is what kicks it up to a 16" minimum barrel length. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, but they're the guys who designed, manufacture and test the Omega, so who am I to argue.

Btw, the muzzle brake really does work to reduce muzzle rise with a 16" 6.8. I don't notice as much improvement with the 5.56, but it doesn't have as much to begin with.

JPK

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silencer Co has always responded to my emails quickly. On the 6.8 and 16" minimum, they have responded that the capacity of the 6.8 is what kicks it up to a 16" minimum barrel length. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, but they're the guys who designed, manufacture and test the Omega, so who am I to argue.

Btw, the muzzle brake really does work to reduce muzzle rise with a 16" 6.8. I don't notice as much improvement with the 5.56, but it doesn't have as much to begin with.

JPK

I don't get the case capacity argument, but hey they just put their can out of the market when compared to others. I send the same email every three months and nothing from SiCo.

Here is some food for thought, 6 grains and they can't get at least 12.5" raiting. But 26 grains is OK for a 16". I am not seeing the logic here.

OMEGA numbers as I know them now:
Cartridge barrel length restrictions:
300 BlackOut: 8"
5.56 NATO: 10"
6.8SPC: 16"
308 Winchester: 16"
300WM: 20"
7.62x39: ?

Case capacity:
223/5.56: 30.4gr
7.62x39: 35.6gr
6.8SPC: 36.8gr
308W: 56.0gr
300WM: 93.8gr

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went with the TBAC Ultra 7. At 11.5 ounces, it is a lightweight sucker, and is rated for a 12.5" 6.8. In process of building a 12.5" 308 and ordered a YHM Phantom Ti DT. 15 ounces and rated for 12.5" 308.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went with the TBAC Ultra 7. At 11.5 ounces, it is a lightweight sucker, and is rated for a 12.5" 6.8. In process of building a 12.5" 308 and ordered a YHM Phantom Ti DT. 15 ounces and rated for 12.5" 308.

Excellent choice!