3 sows and 15? piglets

neorubio

LSB Active Member
I was sitting between vineyards and almond trees when heard them coming, 2 sows and many piglets. I did not want to kill a sow and here it is forbidden to shoot piglets so little (when they still have stripes), but then I saw another hog coming and I though it might be a male. The piglets were about to detect me so...(Spoiler alert: it was another big old sow. Besides, it had a big infected wound on one leg, almost no teeth, the superior part of its mouth much larger than the inferior...something disgusting and strange).

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shot! Your video is very clear on that night. Beautiful image.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No pix of the forest monster from you tale? Nice kill though.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Definitely a clear image. And they were indeed close! I wouldn't have had the patience to wait as long as you did. Nice shot!

Keep After 'Em!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down! Illegal to shot piglets?? We shot them all in TX!! Scope working good so far?

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Good hog down! Illegal to shot piglets?? We shot them all in TX!! Scope working good so far?
Yes, here it's illegal to shoot them if they still have stripes (although I've told that it's then when they are most tasteful haha).
Yes, scope has been flawless the last three hogs...fingers crossed!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any idea why it's illegal to shoot a piglet? Nice shot btw!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Any idea why it's illegal to shoot a piglet? Nice shot btw!
Probably the same reason there are length limits on some fish and antler limits on deer. An attempt to insure everyone gets a chance to harvest mature game.

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Probably the same reason there are length limits on some fish and antler limits on deer. An attempt to insure everyone gets a chance to harvest mature game.
I don't really know but I suppose you are right. For example, when it comes to deer, they have to be two years old at least, even in the areas where there is deer overpopulation. We have to give them a chance to become adults and learn, when they are little they are not very smart and don't have a chance. We don't have a hog problem, so we like they can breed and multiply, so we can keep on hunting. If we killed the little ones there wouldn't be adults.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Your hogs must not be as prolific as ours. In nearly every place they exist, they are overpopulated and a nuisance.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your hogs must not be as prolific as ours. In nearly every place they exist, they are overpopulated and a nuisance.
They may not be an invasive species either. "?"

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Sure they are not. You have many more hogs over there, just compare our numbers. For example, a few friends of mine did not hunt any last season. I've killed 8 so far this season (this is what Brian can do any other night haha), and I'm in my best numbers of my life (thanks to the Trail and the new hunting grounds I'm hunting).
They may not be an invasive species either. "?"
No, They are not. In fact, this year a few companies wanted to bring hogs from other countries of Europe, bigger and stronger, with better tusks, but they were not allowed. The same happens with deer, we do not want their blood mixed up with other kinds of foreign deer, even though here they are not as big.

I don't know if my English makes any sense haha.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sure they are not. You have many more hogs over there, just compare our numbers. For example, a few friends of mine did not hunt any last season. I've killed 8 so far this season (this is what Brian can do any other night haha), and I'm in my best numbers of my life (thanks to the Trail and the new hunting grounds I'm hunting).

No, They are not. In fact, this year a few companies wanted to bring hogs from other countries of Europe, bigger and stronger, with better tusks, but they were not allowed. The same happens with deer, we do not want their blood mixed up with other kinds of foreign deer, even though here they are not as big.

I don't know if my English makes any sense haha.
Your English reads just fine. Your replies are understood well. Thank you for making the effort to share the information.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You speak (write) English much better than a lot of people who were born and raised here. Lol

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You speak (write) English much better than a lot of people who were born and raised here. Lol
Hey!!! I resemble that remark!! LOL

And, for Neorubio… that's a play on words (or phrase) from around here. The true saying is: "I resent that remark".