3 More Hogs with Grendel Cavity Back Bullets

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another excellent vid and detailed search for Cavity Back bullets.
It appears I need to learn a number of video editing skills... Congrats Brian.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go! That was some really good shooting. As I'm watching the video I keep thinking Shoot! Shoot! but you display amazing patience in setting up and making good shots.

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice video sir. Just curious, using a suppressor, why not shoot initially at one of the pigs at the farthest point away from you at the back of the herd? Theoretically, wouldn't that increase the chances of the majority of the pigs running out into the field towards you for a potentially higher success rate? Just curious why your initial shot was a pig that appeared to be in the middle of the group. Maybe the farther back pigs were too far?

Awesome job none the less. I'm receiving my YHM Phantom any day and the whole motivation was for more pig kills.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down and good shooting!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video sir. Just curious, using a suppressor, why not shoot initially at one of the pigs at the farthest point away from you at the back of the herd? Theoretically, wouldn't that increase the chances of the majority of the pigs running out into the field towards you for a potentially higher success rate? Just curious why your initial shot was a pig that appeared to be in the middle of the group. Maybe the farther back pigs were too far?

Awesome job none the less. I'm receiving my YHM Phantom any day and the whole motivation was for more pig kills.

Well, that is was a did, to a point. I wanted one farther back, big, but still one for which I knew I would nail the shot. Many of the hogs farther back also had some known/seen limb obstructions and no doubt there were limbs unseen as well.

Also probably not readily shown in the video is that the hogs were in a long narrow grove with a sendero open behind them before the next set of woods (which held some hogs as well). I was shooting away diagonally into the narrow grove. So all those hogs that were to the left of the hog I shot were all closer to me.

So it all comes down to me taking the best, farthest shot on the largest hog that was a good target.

With that said, I really don't appreciate hogs running toward me when I hunt alone, especially in places with limited access and cell service. :eek:

Lrtx1

LSB Member
Tell the truth, you'd do the necropsy even if you weren't taking pictures wouldn't ya?

Good videos and good shooting.

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, that has to be one of the best narrated and educational videos I've ever seen. That took some time to produce and it shows. Well done!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tell the truth, you'd do the necropsy even if you weren't taking pictures wouldn't ya?

When I have the time, I enjoy doing it. It is interesting to look inside and see what shut down the hog or what didn't shut it down fast enough. I sort of miss doing it when I go on group hunts where we barely have time for pics before we are back on the road and looking for more hogs.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow that was a target rich environment! Great Vid as usual.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome Brian. They just keep getting better and better!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They say: "More cowbell"... I say, "More Pew Pew !!" Good killin' there B. Can't beat a CNS shut down shot! Congrats

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice breath control and target selection - like picking out snowflakes in a blizzard.

I would offer a slight correction to your description of the first hogs necropsy - EVERY wound on that hog is now a permanent one.

Last edited:
D

djones

i agree your vids are getting better... and they were already great. but the BEST thing about them is...THEY DON'T TAKE ALL FRIGGIN DAY TO WATCH!!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great work all around!