3 down

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunted again tonight. There's been a boar (big nuts one on game cam pics thread) coming in before midnight pretty consistently to one of our feeders. Didn't get him last night, So I decided to sit in the blind and wait him out tonight. He didn't show by midnight so I went mobile and checked a few other spots, then drove to the other location. After I snuck past a few deer, I spotted what seemed to be a lone boar under some pecan trees eating corn where we've been baiting. Grass was thigh high so I could only see the pigs top half. Wind was good. Stalked to about 50 yds. Bang! Neck shot- DRT...Suddenly a handful of pigs start running out from this mud hole and the tall grass. It was a race to the fence (only 10 yards away) but they bottle necked trying to get through the hole in the fence. Shot the piglet at that point and the remaining few scattered, the last one I shot (middle sized of the 3) ran down the fenceline kinda towards me...
Turns out it was a sounder of about 7 and the only one I could see down in that hole surrounded by tall grass was the biggest one. She taped out at 36.5 inches (#165-ish). Didn't see anything else the rest of the night. 6.8 spc, 120 grain sst, pvs-14/3x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 9

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
very nice!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going there Blake, you clean and eat your kills?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ha I love it when they do that! They can run anywhere but all use the same trail priceless!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going there Blake, you clean and eat your kills?

I usually do. Unless I shoot a bunch of them and can't find anyone to claim the meat. But this time coming out here the bed of my truck was full of new roll barrels and soured corn so I didn't bring a cooler. Plus I wanted to keep hunting after shooting them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sure were some good BBQ size

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know, I was torn on what to do! But that black pig with big nuts has been rooting up feeder legs so we need him gone and there was a big 300-ish lb pig on camera a week ago that woulda been my ticket to the club..

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... nice. Good luck with 'ol nutter.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know, I was torn on what to do! But that black pig with big nuts has been rooting up feeder legs so we need him gone and there was a big 300-ish lb pig on camera a week ago that woulda been my ticket to the club..
What county is this happening in?