270AR hog video

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here is a little thermal hog action with me shooting my 270AR. Notice the dead one about 20 feet away from where this action is about to take place. I'm new to thermal and also to DVR's and I botched it while trying to record the shooting of that first hog about an hour earlier. The first one came out about 1 minute after I climbed into the shoot house. Actually think I heard it grunting while climbing the ladder.

About a fifty yard shot with a 120 SST.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting! He stayed back behind those bushes for a long time there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, patience is a good thing...did he ever go over to check out the already dead hog?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice! Do you have a battery extender on that unit? I've never seen the numbers that high above the battery is why I ask.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice! Do you have a battery extender on that unit? I've never seen the numbers that high above the battery is why I ask.

Yes, using battery extender. Setting on 60 Hz and video out the whole time leaving unit on for most of the hunt, I feel like I got about three hours of continuous run-time from the first set of batteries. I doubt it was four. Using Panasonic 1550's. I wasn't even paying attention to the battery indicator and start noticing weird glitches. Like loosing the left menu and having to re-start periodically. These glitches were reported online by others when batteries or voltage began dropping below a certain level. Scope actually seemed very usable right up to the very end, in spite of the menu glitches.

I actually recorded 12 min of him moving around behind the bush. Just spared everyone's attention span by clipping that off the beginning.Durning the whole time I was watching, he never seemed to pay the dead one any attention.

All that fumbling around 1 minute into video was me making sure the DVR was actually recording. Does anyone know if there's an video program download that might repair my video of the dead one?

Thanks

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot. Congrats.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just curious, since you went through the zoom settings, why didn't you shoot zoomed?
Don't really know? I guess in case it ran off. That lane is narrow and not being any more familiar with the scope I thought I would go for maximum FOV.

I've got a coyote video from the night before that was on 2x.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
...nice video and a nice piece of bacon there! That .270 sure dropped him!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice two hogs ... the .270 AR looks interesting.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here's the results. Larger hog is the one that bit the bullet first.

image_zpspoustul9.jpg

image_zpsjp3nsfcy.jpg

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Nice going. Will have to pull my 270AR out of the safe one of these days.