2021 Texas Whitetail & Boar

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My Texas buck drilled with AR-Performance 22" 6.5 CM AR - running 143gr ELD-X over RL-26.

I had seen this deer the day before moving through the mesquite, downwind of the feeder and scent checking for does.
Looked like a shooter, but no clear shot available.
Next morning was my day. He stopped at an opening in the mesquite and this time caught a bullet.
Close range - about 140 yards.

This buck was taken off a low fence lease - green scored at 149.5"
Now at my taxidermist waiting to join his buddies on the wall.
-
Back in the stand that evening had a boar come to my ridgetop feeder.
Drilled the hog with my 18" AR-P Tac30/30 Herrett - 125gr Cavity Back MKZ. Bang flop...

upload_2022-1-22_12-41-43.jpeg
-
upload_2022-1-22_12-42-54.jpeg
-
upload_2022-1-22_12-45-26.jpeg
-
This boar is #76 that I drilled and photo'd during the 2021 deer season.
The yotes and buzzards are eating well...
upload_2022-1-22_12-48-19.jpeg

Dennis

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice but that Jeep is going to need a lift and big rubber to get them deer off the ground!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice but that Jeep is going to need a lift and big rubber to get them deer off the ground!
LOL. Thanks Dan. Already there and likely too tall. 4" lift and 35" tires.
Used to be easy to grab a whitetail and just swing and throw it in the back of the jeep by myself...
Now it is like wrestling a 125 lb bag of jello. Thus the winch hoist makes it Much Easier on my old man back !

Dennis

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL. Thanks Dan. Already there and likely too tall. 4" lift and 35" tires.
Used to be easy to grab a whitetail and just swing and throw it in the back of the jeep by myself...
Now it is like wrestling a 125 lb bag of jello. Thus the winch hoist makes it Much Easier on my old man back !

Dennis

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a good lookin' buck. Some fine venison for the freezer. I see a need for an increase of the tusk collection too. The TBPS is calling your name.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a good lookin' buck. Some fine venison for the freezer. I see a need for an increase of the tusk collection too. The TBPS is calling your name.

RD - The tenderloins barely made a week in the freezer. Backstraps waiting on me to thaw, butterfly to double 3/4" cuts, add a little time in marinade, and quick grill before hitting the serving plate. Yummm.... Most of the venison is mixed with 15% ground beef and produce ~1/2lb burgers to vaccuum seal in pairs. Works reals well for the grill.

Nice buck, kudos.
bar-d - Thank you Sir for the kind words! My buck has a special place on the wall waiting for his return home..

Very nice buck. Congratulations.
Chopper - Appreciate your thoughts. Maybe we can get Mr Huey to host another LSB get together,, I would buy you a frosty adult beverage. Hope you enjoyed the buck & boar!

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tenderloins... just plain succulent.