2 Hunts 2 Hogs Down

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went out this past Saturday night with the wife. Within 30 minutes of nightfall we saw a pig about 300 yards away. Stalked in on it and by then another had joined. Moved in closer but they'd moved on. We waited around for them for about 15 minutes when this girl showed up. Mounted the Zeus and plugged in the recorder, but before I could power up the recorder it looked like it was going to move into the woods, so I shot. Missed the first two shots but connected on the next 3 running shots and down she went.

Photo Jan 28, 7 20 56 PM.jpg

I was disappointed in not having it on vid. Kept thinking about it the next day so we decided to go out again to capture some footage on Sunday even if it meant being a zombie at work the next day. Right after nightfall one comes out of the woods about 100 yards away. By the time I get my scope mounted and recorder plugged in it skunks us and takes off. We move on to a different part of the property and run across the bacons in the video. Didn't waste any time just got down to the shooting. Another one down.

Took a couple shots at another one a few minutes later. Didn't think I connected but after watching the video you can hear the thud. It wasn't recovered though. No pics no kill right?

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me likee!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Uhhh?... Is the one in the pic, the one you're talkin' 'bout when you refer to it as "she"? But, lots o'fun just the same !!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs! I think the first shot hit the last one, good luck

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks like some thick brush/woods. Good job. Like Frank said, I think that first shot on the second hog was a good hit.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down and good shot!