1st hog with the 350 Legend

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
B8C891CE-55CF-44BA-B568-1D0759AD9D26.jpeg
I’ve been hunting this large old razorback boar since Thursday night. He’s been coming in later and later at night. I was finally at the right place at the right time. I took him under the green light on my feeder with a 350 Legend using Hornady American Whitetail 170gr SP ammo. Not my best shot. He did run about 30 yards after the shot.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks a tad far back, but, it got the job done. Congrats. Looks like he has a little razor back in his wood pile.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good going sir.
I have been contemplating this chambering for some time now.
Have a buddy that has a bolt Ruger,and loves it at 100yd. --- SAWMAN

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like it did the job just fine! Good looking boar.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Perhaps the shot could have been 'prettier', but it looks like it was 'good enough' to do the job!

Keep After 'Em!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A hog in a trailer... yer ready to head for Sturgis.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
View attachment 7808
I’ve been hunting this large old razorback boar since Thursday night. He’s been coming in later and later at night. I was finally at the right place at the right time. I took him under the green light on my feeder with a 350 Legend using Hornady American Whitetail 170gr SP ammo. Not my best shot. He did run about 30 yards after the shot.

I love the camouflage pattern on that thing.
Nice one

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
30 yards with that placement is pretty good . I've had them go 90+ after a similar shot with a 5.56. They died, but it cured me from wanting to do that again on an opening shot.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog down!! Good razor on him!

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lined up a couple last night. This one dropped right there. Took the my out this morning and they found the second, alive. The fight was on. I finally caught up at the high fence where it went under with a busted front leg. The dogs stopped and we watched it limp off. B3E4622B-8DE9-4623-9E07-A12A95D97434.jpeg51584BE0-112B-489A-BAAB-7DC32B26822A.jpeg

No injuries to the dogs, crazy morning!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is that a permanent light or do you flip it on to shoot?

I used to leave these homemade conduit tripods at each of my feeders locations and would carry in a small but powerful homemade hog red led feeder light that I would put on top of the 15’ tripod. Everything was powered with a 12v deer feeder battery, I used a dimmer to keep everything just faintly illuminated with the naked eye. Which was plenty of illumination to see to shoot with a regular scope.

My method worked great.

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is that a permanent light or do you flip it on to shoot?

I used to leave these homemade conduit tripods at each of my feeders locations and would carry in a small but powerful homemade hog red led feeder light that I would put on top of the 15’ tripod. Everything was powered with a 12v deer feeder battery, I used a dimmer to keep everything just faintly illuminated with the naked eye. Which was plenty of illumination to see to shoot with a regular scope.

My method worked great.

It stays on. There is also a motion light on the feeder that’s not on in the picture.