1st Hog Kills - Armasight Predator

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Two different kills under two very different sets of circumstances. Shots were at 125 and 140 yards. The first was an opportunistic daylight hunt where I ended up sighting through a bunch of blue stem and other vegetation that was still hot from solar radiation. This distorted the image of the target quite a bit, but I was still able to pick out appropriate landmarks and put the shot right on the shoulder.

The second shot was further and on a smaller hog, but with no obstruction and I was easily able to put the shot on the shoulder and dropped the hog - DRT.

This scope will definitely hunt!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For the price the scope seems decent. Looks like you found a new spot to hunt already!?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There IS something to be said for a .30 pill being pushed by that amount of powder to anchor 'em with a boiler room shot. Nice chootin' there B.

That thermal unit looks like it'll get the meat just fine. Amazing, how much clarity variance between day/night.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Dan, this is my regular Wednesday hunting spot. The hogs didn't show on Wednesday, so I came back. The ones I was actually after still didn't show, LOL. So I will be back. ;)

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Didn't know you had a back up hunting spot! That Remington looks very well kept for an older gun, very nice.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going Brian and a bit of a Curly Shuffle:) also. Nice video and a nice couple hogs!! Good on ya!!! BANG BANG!!!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job Brian!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A couple of good hogs there - good and dead!
Did you take any of the meat, or was the plan to feed the bald headed buzzards?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me? I don't need any more meat. The landowner was hoping to get some off the early hog, but we found it as much by smell as much as by blood trail and sight. So both hogs got donated to my fellow naked heads. I have strong kindred spirit with them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting Brian!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good shooting and good hogs down

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Looks pretty good. Getting more affordable for the first time butters buyers or those that dint get to hunt a lot and don't want to spend more money.