1st blood with new rifle

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I've considered trying to rig an ir laser on it, could be a pretty cool nv kill!
You will just have to wait 5 minutes for the air to clear to see if you got it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, I just don't understand the inline thing RD. Nice shooting renegade there
I did the in-line muzzle loader for years in Colorado. It offered an extra season and most were "High Country" mule deer or elk tags where it was wet and snowing/raining and they added that extra level of protection to get off a "wet" shot. We also shot prairie dogs out on the prairie with them, lot of fun. One thing I noticed, when it got real cold, say 10-20 degrees, the barrel must really contract because it would throw the shot off pretty bad. I missed an elk at 50 yds bedded down in a snow storm, shot way over it after a long hard stalk. Went to camp and shot again and it was high by about 18". Wow. Got back to 5000' level at home in the sun and it was dead on again. Learn the hard way.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, I just don't understand the inline thing RD. Nice shooting renegade there
I think it shoots better than this, on that particular day, I was sporting a 101* fever. I snagged that up for $150. It looked nasty when I bought it, stunk of cigarette smoke. A good cleaning, some Flitz metal polish, and some wood cleaner/paste wax... and it purdied up just fine.