150 yard coyote with thermal

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got out for a couple hours last night near Winnie. Only saw one coyote and the wind was not in my favor. I watched her run back and forth across the field for over 30 minutes at a distance. I had opened a bucket of rotten food/soured corn, but she wouldn't come in. So I blew on the wounded rabbit call to entice her a little more. She stopped and started messing with something at about 150 yards. Turned out to be the coyote I didn't recover from last weekend. Since she was already apprehensive about coming any closer, I decided to take the shot. 120 SST. 12.5"*** 6.8 SPC upper from Eric at Blackstone arms. Sig titanium suppressor from silencer shop. Reap-IR thermal from Cliff at *******************

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
See? A 'yote IS good for something afterall... finding another killed one. Nice!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
way to go!! a double...lol that is the way I would have called it

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
way to go!! a double...lol that is the way I would have called it
haha can I count it twice?!? One for last sat bc I saw him take a solid hit, get back up, spray blood, start getting wobbly, go down and flop a couple times. And then another for last night when I actually recovered the body?? That's legit right?haha

darrohn801

LSB Member
Cool video and nice find on the other one! I just got a REAP and hunt a lot of coyotes. What height do you use to measure the coyotes to get a distance? Also, what kind of cable and DVR are you using to record?

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I haven't much used the stadiametric range finder. I zero my gun so that it's about 1.75" high at 100 yds. That puts it on zero around 45 yds and back on zero around 185.. anything between and my impact will be a tad high.... (and an inch low at 200.) so anything between 75 and 175, I aim about an inch low.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot!! Nice coyote!