110 lb boar 3/7/2015

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was the half crosshairs in the scope or just in the recorded version??

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Would "black hot" have helped you acquire target more easily? (Terrain appearing white) Simple re-boot to regain the full crosshair, or is it in need of repairs now? Congrats on getting the hog. Almost got that second one too (it looked close).

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was the half crosshairs in the scope or just in the recorded version??
I don't know. I use the clip-on scope so I line it up in front of my day scope. (You can't see it when recording)

Last edited:

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Would "black hot" have helped you acquire target more easily? (Terrain appearing white) Simple re-boot to regain the full crosshair, or is it in need of repairs now? Congrats on getting the hog. Almost got that second one too (it looked close).
Can't use Blackhot because my day scope has Black reticle. I think the battery was faulty because my scope kept blinking in and out early on.
I cut that part out. The second hog appeared from nowhere. I had no idea he was there because the field slopes off 40 ft or so on each side.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Shooting with no crosshairs...very nice. I suppose next you'll be laying backwards shooting upside down? Nobody can do that though.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a BIG-sized surprise hog at the end. Pretty funny how they appear out of nowhere.

I do believe that if you aren't using the crosshairs that they can be turned off.

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a BIG-sized surprise hog at the end. Pretty funny how they appear out of nowhere.

I do believe that if you aren't using the crosshairs that they can be turned off.
Yes you can. I leave them on so I can tell where I'm shooting on the video.

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the scope have the simple dot reticle option? If so, then it will show you box axes of aim in the video since there is no horiz. line to lose.
Funny you should say that. I was just thinking that I would switch to the dot and make it red or some color
that would show up.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good going, nice hog. Judging by the video, that one that ran across after must have been fairly large.

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going, nice hog. Judging by the video, that one that ran across after must have been fairly large.
Yep. Wish I was a little quicker on the draw. I think I shot about a foot behind him.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
almost got the big one too! Congrats on the hog!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You were pretty quick on the trigger, but he had a good head of steam. Nice video. Thanks for posting.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot ... big boy at the end.